If you’re looking for a speaker replacement with high-quality sound but is still within your price range, this JBL GTO939 Coaxial Speaker Review is what you’re looking for. JBL is one of the pioneers in speaker innovation, especially in cars.
Check out this JBL GTO939 Coaxial Speaker Review and find out why it’s worth the budget!
Summary of Features
- Compatible with almost all vehicles because of its 2 inches mounting depth
- Adjustable tweeter
- Soft dome built-in tweeter
- Accurate sound due to the non-magnetic frame
- Performs better than other speakers within the same price range
- Durable and high-quality materials
- Low impedance and 3 ohms resistance
- High-quality crossover components which produce a balanced sound
- Smooth higher frequencies due to its high power handling
Easy to Install
The best turn-on with these speakers is its convenient installation. These do not require special tools or changes which most other speakers do. It is perhaps the best speaker replacement for a 6×9 in almost any car model. If the speaker you are trying to replace with this is smaller, then it would be better to make some adjustments.
- Oval-shaped with a 2.81 inches mounting depth
- The grille of tweeters can’t be removed
- Carbon-injected woofer that is designed to be stiff and light
- Uses a unique composite of Mylar and Titanium
- UniPivot system that alters the position of the tweeter
- Plus One cone technology for better sound quality and vibration
Power Handling and Sensitivity
The JBL GTO939 Coaxial Speaker has a power handling of 200 RMS watt. This means that it offers a high-quality sound even if you’re just using your stock car audio system. That said, if you upgrade your stock audio system to something with much higher efficiency, it would create a powerful sound quality without destroying the tweeters and woofers. The speaker’s sensitivity rating is 94dB and uses around 50 watts of power. It can also decrease high-frequency distortion while increasing power handling.
JBL Plus One Cone Tech
So far, the unique design of JBL using a Plus One Cone technology helps the speaker generate quality-wise bass system. This cone is slightly larger which produces more air for vibration.
Better Quality Tweeters
The tweeter makes up for the price of the speaker. A high-quality tweeter means a higher price which is not the case for this speaker. This speaker’s tweeter produces a clearer and crisper sound. The My/Ti composite allows the speaker to produce better power handling and minimize distortion.
Good Loudness and High Frequency Reproduction
It may not be the best speaker for loudness but it is the best for its price range. It is better in converting power to volume which other speakers within the same price range failed to do. Apart from that, it is graded B+ for high-frequency reproduction that minimizes the distraction from its projected high notes. It also has a balanced high frequency which is far better than any speakers within the range.
- 6×9 3 way speaker
- 100-watt nominal power
- 152×229 mm speaker diver diameter
- 300 Watt Max Output Power
- 46-21000 Hz Frequency Response
- 3 Ohms Nominal Impedance
- 94 dB sensitivity
- 2 speakers system component
- Car speaker system type
- Passive amplification type.
What We Like
- Proven and tested for its use of high-quality materials
- It produces a well-balanced sound
- Compatible with almost all vehicles because of its mounting depth
- Reasonable price compared to other speakers
- Excellent results which exceed expectations
- Easy to set up without using special tools
- Mid-range speakers that produce high-quality sound
- Plus One Cone Technology that produces a better bass sound
What We Don't Like
- Additional purchases for hardware materials
- Only works with a stock audio system. It still needs an audio upgrade if you want better sound quality
- It is not waterproof – NOT great for Marine Audio Speakers
It is so far the best replacement for any worn-out speaker. It is budget-friendly but produces a better sound. It has great features that most car owners are looking and it’s for a lower price. Although it may not be the cheapest in the budget-range speakers, with this JBL GTO939 Coaxial Speaker Review, you would know its amazing audio quality, power handling, and easy installation. Overall, if you’re looking for a speaker that will exceed your expectations but is still within your budget, then this speaker is for you!