Having good speakers is essential if you want to talk to your friends or listen to good music while you’re out on the open roads on your bike. However, not all bikes have speakers built into them. Often, you’ll have to buy a pair of speakers that are inserted in your helmet or wear a headset specifically designed for motorcycle riding.
Regardless of which one you end up being interested in, we’ve rounded up 5 optimal choices for the best and loudest helmet speakers for your motorcycle.
Top 5 Best and Loudest Helmet Speakers
The Sena SMH10-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset/Intercom is the top choice for a lot of motorcycle riders, and there’s a good reason for this. These speakers were built specifically for riding on motorcycles.
It’s a pair of speakers that comes with its own microphone and is equipped with Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity that lets you make calls, make conversations, and listen to music. It even minimizes background noise using advanced noise control technology. More importantly, the audio is loud and your voice is clear.
Perhaps the best part about this is that this is all hands-free. The system can be powered via its battery for up to 12 hours straight. At the same time, it retains its charge quite well. On a single charge, you can expect the headset to last for up to 10 days on standby.
All in all, this is an excellent product that checks all of the right boxes, so long as you are willing to pay the price.
One problem with the Sena device is that it is expensive. Also, it is designed to be secured using a clamp kit, so it cannot be used with a half helmet. Also, the speakers may not be loud enough at highway speeds.
- 12-hour talk-time battery life
- 900-meter range four-way intercom
- Advanced noise control technology
- Can’t be used with half helmets
- Long-range music sharing and intercom for motorcyclists--up to 900 meters (980 yards)
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity to listen to and share music, make phone calls with speed dialing, and participate in a four-way intercom conversation
- Advanced Noise Control technology cuts down on background noise for both incoming and outgoing audio.Do not use harsh chemicals,cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the device
- Universal Intercom protocol for cross-brand intercom compatibility. Up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days of stand-by time on a single charge
- Note : SMH10-10 is not for the Bell Mag 9 and is meant to be secured via a clamp kit, which is not possible if you are using a half helmet.
For motorcycle riders who frequently travel in large groups, the Cardo Packtalk Bold is one of the best and loudest helmet speakers for your motorcycle. Not only is the sound quality exceptional via the 40mm JBL drivers, but it also adjusts automatically depending on the level of the background noise.
Ease of use is also a strong suit. The large buttons are very accessible and voice activation via Natural Voice lets you activate many of the speaker’s features just by speaking alone.
What really sets the Packtalk apart is its Dynamic Mesh Communication system. This kind of system is different from the linear system used by other helmet speakers. Basically, it’s designed so that, even if one person disconnects, the other people within the network can still communicate with each other.
The PackTalk also takes advantage of the CardoConnect smartphone app that makes it easy to adjust settings using your phone. It also has Bluetooth 4.1 and a 1600-meter range with a total talk time of up to 13 hours.
Further adding to the value of the PackTalk is its water- and dust-proof build with an FM radio feature built-in for solo rides.
- Automatically adjusting volume
- Effective communication via DMC system
- Steep asking price
- Patented Dynamic Mesh Communication technology provides seamless, long-range intercom connections with unmatched ease and stability for large and small groups alike. Best in class wind-noise reduction
- Sound by JBL: Truly unrivaled sound quality and performance at all speeds. Premium audio clarity optimized for use in a helmet. Streaming music, phone calls, intercom, and GPS navigation never sounded so good
- “Hey Siri” / “Ok Google” voice activation. Cardo’s Natural Voice Operation enhances ease and safety by reducing the need to interface with a specific button or wheel. 20+ onboard commands in multiple languages control many aspects of the device
- iOS and Android Cardo Connect App for full remote control ability and complete command of device settings/presets
- Universal Fitment: compatible with all helmet makes and models. For use with a half helmet, the Cardo Half Helmet Kit is required - ASIN B01AXDGWPU
So long as you’re okay with them not being wireless, the UClear Digital Pulse Plus is the best value helmet speakers for your motorcycle. Besides, if it’s any consolation, it uses gold-plated standard 3.5mm stereo audio jacks with a 40mm diameter driver that guarantees that the audio quality will be loud and clear.
The speakers themselves are designed for compatibility with most helmet communication systems, smartphones, and other audio devices. It’s also very easy to use right out of the box as it comes with an installation mount set along with the speakers and Velcro pads that you can just stick to wherever you prefer on your helmet.
If you’re worried that the wires will hamper performance, don’t. They’re long enough to reach electronic devices that are inside your pockets and those that you’ve mounted on the handlebars.
- Stable and easy to install
- Long cords
- Subpar wire quality
- Upgrade your audio experience with the Pulse Plus drop-in speakers from UCLEAR.
- Delivering hi-fi sound, fingertip volume control, and a built-in microphone.
- Pulse Plus features a gold-plated, standard 3.5mm stereo audio jack and 40mm diameter driver.
- For use with most helmet communication systems, audio devices, and Smartphones.
- The Pulse Plus design allows you to swap your speakers quickly from one helmet to another without tools.
You know that a pair of speakers are tough when they’re designed to withstand wipeouts from snowboarding.
Durability isn’t the only selling point of the Alta Wireless Drop-in Headphones though. Although it’s nice that these speakers are tested to work even in sub-zero temps and are sweat-resistant, what’s great about them is that the manufacturers didn’t forget audio quality. In fact, these speakers are fitted with 40mm audio drivers that result in high-quality audio and deep bass.
As for controls, using these speakers is very easy. The buttons are oversized and easy to push even when are wearing gloves. It also has Bluetooth 5.0 that guarantees a stable connection for its 10-hour playtime.
As a bonus, these speakers are nowhere near as expensive as you’d expect them to be.
At half the price point of most other premium speakers, these may not necessarily be the best and loudest helmet speakers for your motorcycle, but they pack a lot of bang for the proverbial buck
- Tough and durable
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Large 40mm drivers
- Thick earpads can present fit and comfortability issues
- PREMIUM BALANCED SOUND - Shred the slopes listening to your favorite tunes in high definition sound with the Alta Bluetooth Audio system. Using 40mm Drivers and a premium Bluetooth 5.0 wireless chip set, the Alta wireless Bluetooth speakers deliver balanced dynamic sound with deep bass at any volume level.
- CRISP HANDS FREE CALLING - No more digging for you phone or taking off your helmet to make a call. Simply press the right button twice to activate Siri or Google Voice to make a call or change your playlist using the built in microphone.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE - Works with most audio ready helmet brands including Wildhorn (Checkout out our Drift helmet!), Smith, Poc, K2, Giro, Bolle, Anon, Burton and others. At 2.2 inches high, 1.8 in wide and .5 in thick the Altas easily drop into the ear pads and run across the backside of our Drift helmet for comfort and easy use.
- INTUITIVE DESIGN - Designed in Utah by skiers and snowboarders that wanted a hassle free premium audio experience. You will never have to remove your phone from whichever coat pocket it's hiding in again. The Alta features 3 over-sized buttons (one on the Right and two on the left) so you can easily control almost every function of your phone without removing your helmet or gloves. Control the volume, change tracks, activate Siri or Google Voice, make calls, pause music and more.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION WITH ALL DAY PLAYTIME - The Alta is sweat resistant and has been tested in extreme cold, 24 degrees Fahrenheit (-4 degrees Celsius). With 10 hours of playtime you can shred the gnar all day and never run out of juice for your tunes.
The Outdoor Technology The Chips 2.0 is also another pair of motorcycle helmet speakers that you can use while your out riding your bike. It was originally designed to be used in cold weather. Not only are these resistant to sweat but they’re built to withstand falls with excellent sound quality and deep bass that lets you enjoy music and hear conversations clearly all the same.
Because these speakers use Bluetooth 4.0 technology, you can have conversations with other people on your phone without having to put it on your ears. The high maximum volume guarantees that you can hear whoever is on the other side of the line. At the same time, the big buttons are designed for glove use with voice controls linking directly into Siri.
Motorcycle-riding crews can also take advantage of the Outdoor Tech smartphone app.
Among the many functions of the app include a walkie-talkie that lets you communicate with other users of the same speakers while on the road.
These speakers come with 10-hour battery life and come with everything right out of the box, including a back-up audio cable in case the Bluetooth functionality fails and a USB charging cable.
- Walkie-Talkie mode (near-infinite range)
- Can withstand extreme temperatures
- Limited helmet compatibility
- 40mm drivers for clear Bluetooth wireless Audio for any Audio compatible helmet HELMET COMPATIBILITY The CHIPS 2 0 are compatible with helmets from the following manufacturers (and possibly more) as long as they have slots for audio drop-ins Bern Giro Smith K2 Anon Pro-Tec Technology Wireless
- Two-button glove-friendly controls adjust volume change tracks play pause take calls and use Siri (voice control) through the built-in microphone Bluetooth version is 4 0 Bluetooth profiles are a2dp arc and operating distance is 32 feet
- 10 hours of playtime on a single charge So you can ride all day listening to smooth Jazz without concern Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Sweat-resistant and fully functional in extreme cold weather (-20 degree/-4 Degree)
- Included components: USB charging cable, backup audio line- in cable w/controls, carry pouch, and instruction manual.
Having a good pair of helmet speakers when you’re out on the road is a must. It’s not just so that you can enjoy good music while you’re on the road. It also makes it easy to communicate with your loved ones and emergency services in case of an accident. Also, if you ride with your friends as a group, most helmet speakers make it easier to talk with each other across great distances.
With that said, we definitely recommend investing in a quality pair of helmet speakers for your motorcycle.
The 5 we rounded up above are some of the best and loudest helmet speakers for your motorcycle and should come with everything that you could ever need from helmet speakers.