You’ve probably started to build your home theater system. Perhaps, you have already bought a pair of speakers. What else do you need to invest in? A bass tube can complete your audio system and improve your streaming experience at a cost that will not break your bank.
Our Top Bass Tubes Reviews
What are the best bass tubes you would love to use, though? There are hundreds or thousands of options to pick from, which can be an advantage. But if you are not an experienced shopper, you would find it challenging to narrow down the market, which is normal and understandable. There is nothing to worry about, as we have gathered the top brands you would enjoy below.
Best Overall Bass Tubes: MTX Audio RT8PT Universal Powered Subwoofer Enclosure
What comes to your mind when looking for a bass tube? You may think of MTX Audio. It is no surprise as the company has been providing one of the highest quality bass tubes in the market since 1979.
But with its vast collection of options, which is the right choice you cannot afford to forget and miss? It is the MTX Audio RT8PT, no doubt.
Built to Deliver Reliable and Addicting Performance.
Who wants to invest in a low-quality bass tube? No one would love that. If you are using something subpar, MTX Audio RT8PT is a superb alternative that deserves your attention. With an optimized combination of sub, amp, and enclosure, it can perform better than you have ever imagined.
It is Compact.
While investing in a bass tube with a bulky design is wise, it can be inconvenient and stressful sometimes. That’s why it is always suitable to take advantage of something compact, and this is where MTX Audio RT8PT excel. Although it is small and portable, it can compete with the competition.
Known for its Great Durability.
There are numerous bass tubes that can produce an accurate and clear sound. But some have a lot of things to improve on what it is made of. But that will not be the issue with MTX Audio RT8PT. Its surround, for instance, consists of durable rubber and other special materials to reach your specific needs.
Why It’s a Good Choice
Aside from sleek design and durability, MTX Audio RT8PT provides other advantages that you deserve. Even if it is small, it is known to deliver clean bass at any volume. What’s more, it is available with gain controls and a low-pass filter that will help you change the sound according to your style or preference.
How Does It Compare to Other Products?
MTX Audio RT8PT is the leading option for many as it is intuitive and beginner-friendly. Plus, there’s no technical experience required. Please feel free to give the company a call for further information, whether you have some inquiries or other concerns. It prides itself on a team of friendly and accommodating professionals.
- The bass system is compatible with any aftermarket and stock headunits, thanks to its speaker-level and preamp inputs.
- Controlling a bass tube does not need to be stressful. You do not have to press any button to adjust the bass level, as it has a wired remote control.
- The uniquely shaped cylindrical enclosure is available with a high-grade and state-of-the-art industrial carpet that provides extra protection to the RT8PT.
- Some customers say that the wire of the controller looks and feels cheap. But MTX Audio always strives for excellence and innovation, so let’s expect its products to be better soon.
- Amplifier Power Output: 120 Watts RMS
- 8" High performance subwoofer in a carpeted, vented enclosure
- High Level and RCA inputs for easy connection in any system set up.
- External Bass Control is included for convenient control of volume from front of vehicle.
- The RT8PT is the perfect solution for enthusiasts that want to put some bass in their system without having to put two 12 inches in the truck
Best Bass Tubes for the Money: Alpine SWT-1254 Car Speaker
Another credible brand of bass tubes is Alpine. Like MTX Audio, it is a sought-after and trusted name in the industry. Established and founded in 1946, Alpine has been offering high-end products that its valued customers deserve. One of its top sellers is the SWT-1254 car speaker.
It Delivers Plenty of Thumping Bass and Power.
Have you been searching for a bass tube with an outstanding level of power and thumping bass without a good result? That’s quite overwhelming on your part. But say bye to that inconvenience with this SWT-1254.
Built with a 12 Inch Subwoofer.
Some people may feel hesitant with a 12-inch subwoofer. You do not need to feel that way, though, because its subwoofer can handle around 300 watts RMS. That’s not all. It presents a frequency response of 200Hz AND 92dB sensitivity, giving you the most power and range you prefer.
You Can Expert a Loud and Clear Bass.
What happens every time you turn up the volume of your phone, PC, or laptop when streaming songs or watching movies? The sound is more likely to be distorted. SWT-254, on the contrary, has a crystal clear, accurate, and crisp audio quality that you would recommend to your colleagues and friends for sure.
Why It’s a Good Choice
Bass tubes have been getting a high demand from the public over the past decades. For that reason, new products are introduced into the market. But Alpine remained one of the industry leaders in terms of quality, durable, and long-lasting bass tubes.
How Does It Compare to Other Products?
An experienced and reputable company is behind this feature-packed bass tube, SWT-12S4.
- Another thing that people love about Alpine SWT-12S4 is that it is ready to use, making it perfect for those who are busy at home or in the office.
- More than the 12-inch subwoofer and clean bass, Alpine SWT-12S4 is available with a design that would easily blend into your vehicle. It is stylish that will catch your interest.
- Alpine always aims to develop and level up its products to meet the changing requirements of the market.
- The common drawback of SWT-12S4 is its straps because they are not as durable as the competition. But other than that, the bass tube is a good investment you can be proud of.
- Ready to use Bass Reflex Subwoofer Tube
- 12“ (30cm) Bass Reflex Subwoofer Tube (4Ohm)
- 1000W peak power
Best Cheap Bass Tube: TREBLAB HD77
Many music lovers are afraid of a bass tube as they believe it can cost an arm or a leg. While some can break your bank, there are a few alternatives that will meet your specific budget needs, and the TREBLAB HD77 will be your best bet.
It Produces a Big Sound Even If It is Sleek and Compact.
Everyone prefers to listen to songs or watch movies on a loudspeaker, and a bulky product is always a go-to option. That’s why you will be surprised with TREBLAB HD77. Even if it is available in compact or small size, it can produce a big, crisp, quality sound.
Made of Sturdy Materials.
TREBLAB cannot compete with Ultimate Ears or JBL. But it started to make a name in the industry with its durable and long-lasting bass tubes. Its HD77, in particular, consists of an aluminum frame that takes its durability to another level. On the contrary, the speaker is made of ABS plastic that makes it impact-resistant, helping you avoid any unexpected costs.
Is there such a thing as a waterproof bass tube? Yes, and TREBLAB HD77 excels in this department. So, even if you spill water on the unit, you can be sure it will remain functional without any repair issues at the end of the day.
Why It’s a Good Choice
Who wants to buy a bass tube that is affordable and of good quality? Everyone likes that, and TREBLAB HD77 is a superb choice. It has a clear sound that will not cause you a big fortune.
How Does It Compare to Others?
Its Bluetooth connectivity and portability make it stand out from the competition.
- Although it is not as powerful as the other available products, it delivers 25 watts of power, which is already good and reliable.
- You can use the bass tube with Bluetooth or a microphone to receive calls from your family and friends.
- It starts to make a noise in the market because of its build quality. It is also weather-resistant and can withstand the sun, rain, and other elements.
- A perfect option for people who want to cut costs when investing in a long-lasting and sturdy bass tube.
- Like AAC and aptX, it lacks better audio codecs. Thus, it is not an excellent choice for those who prefer quality audio codecs.
- Its bass sound needs improvement, according to some customers.
- Extraordinary 360° HD Sound + Option To Connect Two Speakers - Each of our TWS portable speakers Bluetooth comes with 25W of crisp 360° HD Sound and DualBass double subwoofers, for an unmatched listening experience. If that’s not enough, you can Connect Two wireless speakers together for true high-definition surround sound that will blow you away.
- Made For Outdoor Sports And Adventures - Don’t be fooled by the gorgeous looks and cool ambient LED’s of this waterproof Bluetooth speaker. It was made super rugged for all your outdoor sports, hiking, camping, and getting active. Now grab your HD77 waterproof speakers, put on your favorite tunes, and have fun outdoors with your family and friends!
- Rain Or Snow, It’s A Go - HD77 is a brave loud wireless speaker. It’s not afraid of moisture or tough love. It’s shockproof and wireless waterproof speaker IPX6 rated so it loves singing in the rain and doesn’t mind being dropped, kicked or bounced. All Day Power On A Single Charge - Feel free! Leave the charger at home and go play! As HD77 doesn’t play games with PlayXTend energy-saving tech and high-capacity 5200mAh battery for you up to 20 Hours of medium volume play per charge.
- Futuristic Features - 1. Built-in Microphone for calls. 2. Deep cool ambient LED’s set the mood. 3. Easy setup in seconds via Bluetooth with your iOS, Android or Windows device. 4. Intuitive indicator lights help you connect easily. 5. 33-feet signal range so you’re free to roam with your phone still in your pocket. 6. Hand strap and carabiner to hang Bluetooth wireless speaker on your backpack.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee + 30 Day Returns - Our Bluetooth speakers are built to last, so we’ve included a One-Year Warranty, along with our A+ Customer service.
Features to Consider for Bass Tubes
Now you are aware of the best bass tubes. Your job does not stop there. It is time to know the features to consider every time you search for a bass tube. A few of them are highlighted below:
A bass tube has several power ratings. But the RMS power handling and sensitivity are the most common. What’s the difference between the two? The Root Mean Square (RMS) watts indicate the power handling or how much power a bass tube can output. It means the average power that a bass tube can handle every day while maintaining a crisp and accurate audio. The sensitivity, on the other hand, tells us how much volume we will get from a bass tube, considering the available amount of power. Therefore, always direct your attention to a powerful alternative.
There are multiple factors to think about to measure and determine the longevity of a bass tube. Its build quality is something you cannot afford to ignore. The most common materials used to make bass tubes are aluminum sheets, Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), plywood, polycarbonate, and fiberglass. Plywood and MDF are what manufacturers prefer the most because they are thick and can withstand the test of time despite their affordability. Fiberglass is another top-notch option for companies as it is strong and has outstanding weather resistance. Although it is a glass, it is lightweight.
It is a common mistake for many to shop right away when searching for a bass tube. But don’t do the same thing to avoid any mistake you will regret. The secret here is to determine how much you are willing to spend. It is always enticing to try products available at the lowest price. Unfortunately, it may lack other features that you need for your theater system. The good news is that other affordable bass tubes are state-of-the-art, and doing your homework can help you from start to finish. In case you have a hectic schedule, invest in alternatives that provide a good value.
It is relaxing to listen to your favorite music playlist while taking a nap on your patio or going to the office. However, using a bass tube that does not produce crystal-clear, loud, and accurate sound can turn your experience into a nightmare. Before adding a specific product to your cart, create a list of at least five best bass tubes. Then, spend time to compare them in terms of sound quality. The one that is trusted for crystal-clear audio is perfect. Although the process requires a lot of time, having a quality bass tube will make all of your effort worth it.
Another feature to weigh in mind with a bass tube is its frequency response. While it is commonly ignored by some, it will give you an idea of how the low sub can perform when in use. But do not forget that there are numerous variables that affect or influence how well a bass tube performs. The box type is a good example. Here is the thing. Other people find the frequency response of a bass tube tricky. There is nothing to worry about, as you are free to ask for help from someone who has prior and relevant experience.
Are you already tired and unsatisfied with your existing bass tube? Do not endure that inconvenience and leave the job to MTX Audio RT8PT universal powered subwoofer enclosure. Whether you are looking for sound quality and durability, it got your back. For those who are on a budget, we also recommend TREBLAB HD77. So, what are you waiting for? Make a purchase today!