One of the biggest updates every car is implementing nowadays is putting a flip-head unit on the dashboard. So, it is time to move ahead of the old dimly light stereo and upgrade it to the bandwagon flip-out head units.
The flip-outs are a great way to accessorize your car with wonderful features.
Unfortunately, with the popularity of these sleek devices, it has become more difficult to find the right one.
The flip-outs come with a handful of benefits like you can listen to the song, provide navigation on travel, and answer the phone hands-free. In addition to that, you can also play videos on the go.
Are you looking to buy a flip-out head unit with versatile features? Then, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have listed the best flip-out head units of this year. In addition to that, the pros and cons are analyzed based on the features and customer reviews. It helps you to find the best flip-out screen.
Whether you plan to upgrade the sound system or you just want a revamped modern look for your car, we got some great choices for you.
Best Flip-Out Head Unit: Our Top Picks
#1 Best Overall Flip-out: Pioneer AVH-2500NEX
Standing on the top of the list is Pioneer AVH-2500 NEX; it has all the features you want in a flip-out head unit. Pioneer AVH is for people who are always on the road. The sound quality is amazing, and it has an HD radio.
The HD radio helps in catching both FM and AM frequencies, provides static noise-free music.
Besides HD radio, it has Sirius XM ready, in which you can connect your account and get access to 1000 songs while driving. This device is for audiophiles who love listening in fine-tune.
Pioneer AVH-2500 NEX is packed with features like built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and texting. With this device, you can use a voice assistant and text while driving.
It has broad connectivity with Android and iOS, so you can connect numerous apps and enjoy navigation and music simultaneously while driving.
The head unit comes with a video play feature, so you can install the camera, and be it reversing or parking, you can do it all without hassle.
It is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with amazon Alexa built-in for voice assistance.
The display of the flip-out stands out from the crowd. The HD display with a 6.8-inch touchscreen is the cherry on the cake.
- Wireless control
- Resolution of 800×480
- Supports Pandora and Spotify
- Numerous equalizer options for crisp and clear sound
- It is not that android friendly
- It takes time for fine-tuning
- Broad connectivity with your smartphone. Enhanced smartphone connectivity makes it possible to enjoy popular apps with your radio.
- Superior AV performance. Pioneer applies it's expertise in sound technology to deliver high quality audio and video performance.
- Features: works with Apple Car Play, Android Auto web link. Parking assistance. 24-Bit True color panel for smooth gradation and rich color.
#2 Best Sound Quality- Power Acoustik PTID-8920B
This is the jack-of-all-trades; Power Acoustik PTID-8920B has all you want in a flip-out head unit. Do you want to connect numerous devices to the flip-out so you can listen to songs along with following the navigation map? Check.
The Power Acoustik has Bluetooth 2.0, which enables you to connect it anywhere in the car. In addition, you can connect your phone for hands-free calling. Although, unlike Pioneer, it does not support voice assistants.
You can connect the rear-view camera while parking or reversing your car.
In terms of display, the Power Acoustik has 7inch flip-out screen that heightens your experience. It has a bigger display when compared to Pioneer AVH-2500NEX. Although, pioneer has better resolution.
- SDHC card reader, Bluetooth connectivity, and has a USB port
- DVD receiver included
- Upbeat sound quality
- Remote to control from the rear seat
- Video quality is average
- Remote lags
- Built-in Blue Tooth 2.0: Safely make and receive hands-free phone calls, scroll contacts lists, and stream MP3's via A2DP from your enabled Smartphone
- SDHC Card Reader. Read up to a 32gb SDHC card for MP3 audio and MP4 video playback, or view & save photos with the JPG photo viewer.
- Full Operation Touch Screen Controls. You'll find navigating through the extensive features of PTID-8920B an ease with a tap of the screen to access all menus and settings.
- Subwoofer Output: Power a subwoofer amp with the included 80Hz low-pass crossover RCA output
- Rear View Camera Input: Stay clear of objects your mirrors can't see with a rear view camera connected to the triggered camera input.
#3 Value For Money Flip-out: Soundstream VIR-7830B
Soundstream has easy installation and setup. However, if you like everything customized and fancies DIY, you must go for Soundstream VIR-7830B.
This device comes loaded with connectivity options, and you can connect via Bluetooth, USB input, and AUX cable. The connectivity feature is better than Pioneer and Power Acoustik.
It comes with a handy remote that responds quickly to your command to make things easier for you. The responsiveness of Soundstream’s remote is better than Pioneer and Power Acoustik. Plus, it has a voice assistant and hands-free calling like Pioneer’s flip-out head unit.
In terms of design and built-in, it has 7-inch LCD touchscreen along with a detachable faceplate.
- It has multiple connections options
- It has top-notch sound quality
- Value for money
- The screen freezes sometimes
- Does not include a warranty
- Flip-out 7" touchscreen LCD display
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Detachable face plate / Remote control included
- Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, MP3 and WMA
- iPod and iPhone Ready
#4 Cheapest Flip-out Head Unit: Camecho Single Unit Bluetooth
Camecho Single Unit Bluetooth is a bargain that comes with all the vital features you want in a flip-out head unit. Camecho has a 4-inch display LCD screen which can be installed with ease. In addition, the touch screen of this device is highly sensitive and quickly responsive.
The compact and lightweight design does not take much space and has an MP5 screen.
It comes with 2 USB ports which are more than any devices listed in this article. You can use these ports to charge your phone and play music.
Camecho has a radio connection that can receive both AM and FM frequencies. In addition, the flip-out comes with a Bluetooth facility and microphone for hands-free calling.
When it comes to radio, it gives neck-to-neck competition to Pioneer AVH and Power Acoustik.
Like Pioneer AVH-2500NEX, it has a rear-view camera for easy parking and reversing. When you go buy the flip-out head unit, you search for versatility, and this device is an example of versatility with a little pocket pinch.
Camecho does not support navigation, and it does not display routes for an easy drive like Pioneer AVH-2500NEX and Power Acoustik.
- It comes with a remote for easy control.
- High-quality audio.
- 2 USB ports.
- Steering wheel control
- Does not show the navigation route
- It is a little bit difficult to understand and install
- 4.1 Inch LCD Touch Screen Size: 188*59 mm, installation size:7.01(L)*1.97(H) inch, single din car radio. 4'' capacitive touch screen, gently touch, high sensitivity. Dual USB ports (one to play music, one support phone fast charge), AUX-in, SD/TF card slot. RCA output/input port, can connect with subwoofer
- FM/AM/RDS Radio : With high-quality stereo, which can search channels in full-automatic ways, semiautomatic way and acurate adjustment way
- Bluetooth Function : With built-in and extra microphone, support handsfree phone call, record/phonebook download and music playing
- Rear View Camera Input : rear image will be displayed on MP5 screen automatically when your car is parking, and return to radio page when parking finishes. The backup camera is included.
- A variety of functions ：With steering wheel remote control(the battery is not included, need to order saperately for CR2025 battery). With extra microphone. Customer Service: 12 months replacement, life time technical support. Respond within 24Hs.
#5 Best Display Screen: Pyle PL2DN105
Pyle is one of the leading brands of flip-out head units. Therefore, a Pyle accessory is a must-have while narrowing down your option for a flip-out unit.
The Pyle PL2DN105 has the best display screen with a 10.5inch touchscreen size and 420 TVL high resolution. It has multiple connection options: Bluetooth, a USB reader, and an AUX input/output cable. You can connect any device according to your need.
In addition to Bluetooth connection, it has a good radio connection with AM and FM frequencies.
Like Camecho, it has steering wheel control and a mirror rear-view camera for easy parking and reversing the car. Pick call or change the music hands-free with this flip-out head unit.
- Bluetooth is compatible with Android and iOS
- Plenty of connection options
- AUX input/output for easy DVD connection
- It does not support GPS and voice assistants
- HI-RES 10. 1” DISPLAY: The Pyle Double DIN Touchscreen Head Unit has a top-notch double DIN dashboard for music streaming, hands-free phone calls and video. Comes w/ a 10. 1” 1080p TFT/LCD monitor head unit receiver w/ user-friendly control interface
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: Equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ the latest devices including Android, iPhone, tablet. Features built-in microphone for hands-free calling, convenient contact list import & digital phone dial pad display
- BACKUP CAMERA: Touch screen stereo includes rearview backup camera w/ installation wiring & mounting bracket. Mount in the rear of your vehicle above the license plate. Features built-in digital scale lines, tilt adjustable lens angle & night vision
- USB FLASH DRIVE PORT: Features USB reader for digital audio, image or video playback, AM/FM radio w/ 30 station memory, video AUX (RCA) input/output connector jacks, audio AUX (RCA) input/output connector jacks & customizable EQ audio controls
- STEERING WHEEL CONTROL: The 2 din car stereo bluetooth radio for car features a built-in steering wheel function that allows you to add audio controls on your steering wheel to make it less dangerous to interact w/ your car radio while you're driving
#6 Best in Popularity: UNITOPSCI Flip-out
In single din screen, Unitopsci is one of the best in the market. With 7-inch LCD touchscreen HD display. You can fold the screen when not in use. The Unitopsci has a top-notch sound quality like Power Acoustik and Camecho flip-out.
It supports a rear-view camera along with GPS navigation. In addition, it has a night effect and a waterproof screen.
The rear-view camera allows you to view obstacles at an angle of 170degrees. Unfortunately, it does not have CD or DVD player, but it has AUX inputs that can be connected to any device.
It can only scan FM radio signals, and with a Bluetooth connection, you can play songs from Spotify.
- Sensitive touch screen
- Night vision effect
- The quality surpasses other devices at the same cost
- Does not have a DVD or CD player
- The din screen is prone to damage
- ★7 inch HD digital LCD folding touch screen, flip out car stereo, dynamic menu interface,this car audio which builds in high quality stereo audio, allow easier access to high fidelity audio. And support rear view camera and GPS navigation. Friendly reminder: This is manual pull out and pull back screen radio and it doesn't have CD DVD player, NOT Android system.
- ★Built-in bluetooth, make phone calls safer and practical than ever,you just need to quickly connect to Bluetooth to answer hands-free calls,make calls and be hands-free with no distractions, and you can also play and control your music and apps.
- ★Mirror link function works with Android phone (4.0-7.0) via phone' original USB cable, the screen of your smartphone can be mirrored on units screen. Support FM radio stations play, Full digital electronic control search radio stations, high-performance digital tuning FM radio automatically scans, 18 stations memory.
- ★With free 8 IR rear view camera, have stronger night vision effect, IP67 waterproof,and have 170 ° Angle of the lens,no blind surveillance, offering you a broader field of vision in the vision in the process of reversing.
- ★This single din head unit AUX audio input interface can add MP3, GPS, mobile phones, music players and other audio input,USB / SD Ports, Auxiliary Input,support large current output, can charge for mobile phone and support mirror link for smart phone. (Note: Some phones may not charge, please know)
Features To Look Out for Flip-Out Head Units
When shopping for flip-out head units, it is easy to get caught up with some features. But some features are essential, and some aren’t. Here are some of the must-have features that you should look out for while buying the versatile device.
While checking the compatibility, there are various stages it should be checked. First, make sure the device can adjust in your car and is compatible with the car’s built-in design.
For instance, if you are driving a compact sedan, you won’t buy a 10-inch Pyle flip-out; it will cause a gigantic obtrusion glaring your vision and looking clunky in the middle of the car.
The next compatibility check should be with the phone. First, you must check whether it is compatible with your phone or not. For instance, Pioneer AVH-2500NEX is more compatible with Apple instead of Android.
You should also check other devices, like backup cameras, mirror cameras, and dash cams. It ensures the flip-out head unit becomes your companion on the drive, not an obtrusion.
Buy a flip-out touchscreen with a good display size. A decent screen size won’t strain your eyes. Moreover, it can show the icons bigger, enabling you to read easily while driving. The bigger screen size also brings vanity and elegance to your car. It elevates the aesthetics in your RV or car.
It displays information like album name, artist, and FM signal’s radiofrequency.
While buying a flip-out camera, be mindful of the size to avoid obtrude your car with a big glaring screen.
Car ride becomes more enjoyable when the music is on, and the GPS guides you to your destination. While buying flip-out, don’t go for cheap options which do not support Bluetooth connectivity.
A flip-out should have multiple connectivity options from where you can select the one which suits you best. Devices like Camacho offers multiple connection options. While narrowing down your options, select the one with USB port connectivity, as it allows you to charge the phone on the way to the destination.
In addition to connectivity, it is good to have GPS navigation in the device. The new cars are equipped with CarPlay or android auto that makes it a compulsion to have a GPS navigator in the device.
Although GPS navigation included devices are costly, it ensures a safe drive as your eyes would be on-road, and the device will guide you in the turns.
While this is not that critical feature to check while buying a car, but this features surely adds up if you are investing a decent amount of money.
When there is a kid on board, you must go for a device with the best display resolution. All the devices listed in the article have HD resolution, and flip-out head unit like Pioneer takes the crown of best display resolution.
The picture quality depends on the brand you choose and on the picture installation procedure.
Make sure you follow the installation rules properly, and if you still find it difficult, call customer care for proper installation.
What’s the pocket pinch? This is the first question that comes to mind while buying a flip-out device. Most of the devices cost from $100-$500. Check what features you want, and which device comes under this price range.
For instance, Camecho is the cheapest flip-out you will find with fantastic sound quality, although Soundstream VIR comes close to a budget-friendly price range.
The devices suit the requirement of modern technology. A flip-out is an amalgamation of stereo and FM transmitters. The flip-out head units are wireless, and it does not take much effort in installation.
Flip-outs are still new in the market, but in a limited time, it has gained popularity. A lot of companies are making products just to satisfy user’s requirements.
Pyle or Power Acoustik is one of the reputed brands of flip-outs, while Unitopsci is the most popular brand. We have listed the best based on customer reviews and brand names in the market. Buy any product from the list according to your preference and requirement.