There’s nothing like hitting the open seas, just cruising through the ocean! But you simply can’t go out there with some solid tunes playing as you drift through voyaging the open waters! Wakeboarding is fun and all, but it would be even more enjoyable if you could blast music while you’re riding the waves. Unfortunately, that’s much easier said than done.
Headphones are great and all, but they come off way to easy! Other newer wireless alternatives are also good, but you can’t exactly blast music and enjoy it with others. Then there are standard boat speakers, which are good – till they’re not! Stock speakers are simply no bueno!
Lucky for you, we did a little bit of research and found some of the best wakeboard tower speakers today!
Below is a list of all the best wakeboard boat tower speakers on the market today, along with tips on how to choose the right one.
Best Wakeboard Boat Tower Speakers
The Rockville RWB70B Marine Wakeboard 360° Swivel Tower Speakers might not come cheap, but they sure do pack a whole lot of value.
In terms of quality, Rockville will not leave you feeling wanting more. This pair of speakers comes with nylon mounting brackets that are fully adjustable and, for good measure, it’s been reinforced using embedded steel. It also sounds good with a built-in two-way crossover network and a polyamide dome neodymium midrange tweeter.
Naturally, these speakers are both resistant to weather and rust and build specifically to withstand use in both saltwater and freshwater. In addition to wake boats, you can also use this speaker and attach them to other roll bars. This is because it’s built with large mounting screws that can accommodate numerous installation options.
As a bonus, this speaker comes with stainless steel mounting hardware. This means that you don’t have to worry about corrosion or rust at all.
- High peak power handling
- Multiple mounting options
- High-quality sound
- Known quality control issues
- Features of RWB70B: Pair Rockville RWB70B Black 6. 5" 250w Marine Wakeboard 360° Swivel Tower Speakers, Color : Black, 6. 5" Two-Way High Fidelity Speaker System, Adjustable Nylon Mounting Bracket Reinforced With Embedded Steel, Includes Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware, 1" Polymide Dome Neodymium Midrange Tweeter, Built-In Two-Way Crossover Network, Fully Marinized Against Salt & Fresh Water Conditions, Completely Water / Rust Resistant.
- Terminals Are Sealed with Rubber Gaskets, Specially Tuned for PA Voice Over, Polypropylene Mica Injected Cone with Santoprene Surround, High BL Magnet Motor Structure, Y30 High Density Magnets, Oversized 1. 25” Kapton Voice Coil, These Wakeboards Fit bars ranging from 1. 26" 2. 87", Includes 65mm and 80mm screws that accommodate Jeep Wrangler and any roll bar, Includes Stainless mounting hardware that wont rust or corrode.
- Details: Power Rating : Peak Power Handling : 500 Watts (250 Watts per Speaker), RMS Power Handling : 300 Watts (150 Watts per Speaker), Frequency Response : 70 – 20, 000 Hz, Sound Pressure Level : 96dB @ 1w/1m, Impedance : 4 Ohms, Mounting Depth : 9".
When it comes to durability, the Polk Audio Atrium Outdoor Speakers are right up there among the best. It’s specifically designed for outdoor use. This includes everything from your backyard to your pool and naturally, on your boat or wakeboard. They’re weather-resistant and use military-grade components for unparalleled strength.
In addition to their durability, these speakers can be mounted multiple ways conveniently using its one-click speed-lock mounting system.
As is the case with many of Polk Audio’s products, you can rely on these speakers to deliver high-quality music regardless of the condition. Also, its all-weather construction is backed by being made out of aluminum with stainless steel and even brass hardware for total protection against the elements.
- Versatile mounting possibilities
- All-weather certification
- Military-grade components
- Takes up a lot of space
- CREATED TO LIVE AND PLAY OUTDOORS, your Atrium Speakers can be installed in any open space—by a pool, in the patio or a sunroom, or tucked away somewhere in the backyard. They will deliver exceptionally great sound.
- WIDER SOUND DISPERSION & SURPRISINGLY POWERFUL BASS driven by a 4 1/2" mineral filled Dynamic Balance polymer cone and a 3/4" anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround. 80W power cuts through loud, jarring background noises.
- Recognized as ONE OF THE BEST-LOOKING OUTDOOR SPEAKERS, Polk Atrium 4 speakers come with a steeply-angled baffle design filling open spaces with big full-range sound! The outer profile easily blends into the corners of the outdoor walls.
- ONE-CLICK SPEED-LOCK MOUNTING BRACKET offers EASY, ANTI-SLIP ONE-HANDED INSTALLATION allowing you to mount these speakers vertically or horizontally, to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations. Simply mount the swiveling C-bracket
- THE SPEAKER FOR ALL SEASONS – it’s rugged durability, high environmental endurance and superior quality has helped Polk Outdoor Speakers earn the all-weather Certification. Effortlessly withstands extreme temperatures and heavy rain year after year.
If the price is not an issue, the Kicker KMTC94 is the best pair of tower speakers that you can buy for wakeboard use.
So long as you can afford it, you’ll be treated to a high-quality pair of speakers that are built to output quality music and withstand abuse. It comes with four-ohm voice coils with a tractrix high-frequency horn design and titanium-dome compression drivers, as well as an adjustable 12dB crossover, for the ideal combination of durability and sound quality.
Lastly, this speaker comes with a 360-degree swivel with a toolless locking cam and toggle system for convenient mounting.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Convenient swiveling mounts
- Very expensive
- Features: Pair KICKER KMTC9 HLCD 9" 600w Horn-Loaded LED Wakeboard Tower Speakers 44KMTC94. Four-Ohm Voice Coil. High-Frequency Horn Design with Titanium-Dome Compression Drivers. Stitched Polypropylene Cone With Santoprene Surround. Sun Light Resistant Polymer Basket
- 359Swivel With Toolless Locking Cam/Toggle System. Stainless Steel/ABS Clamp Fits 1.5 - 3.25-Inch Tubing. Through-Clamp Wiring System With Mating Socket. Single Bolt Speaker Removal System. 316L Stainless Mounting Hardware Included. Seven Color LED Grilles Included*
- Meets or Exceeds ASTM Standards for UV** and Salt/Fog Exposure***. Specifications: Woofer: 9 inch, 23 cm. Impedance: 4 Ohms. Horn Loaded Compression Driver: 1 in, 2.5 cm. High Pass: 12 dB, at Frequency: 2.5k Hz. Low Pass: 12 dB, at Frequency: 2.5k Hz. Peak Power Handling: 600 Watts
- Continuous Power Handling: 300 Watts RMS. Frequency Response: 20-20k Hz. Height incl. bracket: 13-9/16 inch, 34.4 cm. Height from roll bar: 11-9/16 inch, 29.4 cm. Diameter: 9-13/16 inch, 24.9 cm. Depth: 10-7/8 inch, 27.7 cm. LED Lighting
As they’ve been known to do for a long time, BOSS Audio Systems comes with another solid offering for a very affordable price.
The BOSS Audio Systems MRWT40 Marine Waketower Speaker System is a weatherproof pair of tower speakers that are made out of polyurethane to give it the ideal combination of resiliency without sacrificing sound quality. It also comes with a rubber surround that helps complement the entire structure and allows it to perform well with minimal wear and tear.
For added durability, these speakers come with voice coils that can stand up to high temperatures without sacrificing performance. Then, for better sound quality, the dome-shaped tweeters help disperse sound in a semi-dome pattern for a wider sound wave dispersion for better sound quality.
For peace of mind, this speaker is backed by a 3-year platinum online dealer warranty, so you can rest easy knowing that these speakers will last you a long time.
- Highly resilient construction
- Backed by a three-year warranty
- Subpar sound quality
- Weatherproof - The MRWT40 have been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.4 x 7.1 inches, Item Weight: 5.9 Lbs. (pair)
- Mounting Hole: 2”, Impedance: 4 ohms
- Frequency Response: 130 Hz- 20 kHz
- System Sensitivity (1 W/1 m): 94 dB
Make no mistake. These stylish wakeboard boat tower speakers aren’t expensive. In fact, they’re quite affordable.
The Pyle Marine Wakeboard Tower Speakers is an excellent entry-level offering from manufacturers known for solid and affordable audio products. However, despite its low asking price, these 8-inch speakers sound like they’re more expensive. This is all thanks to its 60Hz – 20kHz frequency response with a 9dB sensitivity and 1-inch dome tweeters.
You can also rely on these speakers to not fall short in terms of power output and distortion as it has a 600-watt max power rating with a 4-ohm impedance.
For durability, these speakers have a butyl rubber surround and an IP44 waterproof housing that guarantees that they can withstand being used out in the open seas. It also helps add aesthetic value to your wakeboard with its silver finish and bullet-style design that lets you mount it anywhere you want without it standing out too much.
- Color customization options
- Takes up minimal space
- Subpar construction quality
- BUTYL RUBBER SURROUND: These wakeboard tower speakers have 8in subwoofers, 1.0” dome tweeters and butyl rubber surround for durability. Constructed with 60Hz - 20kHz frequency response and 91dB sensitivity for impressive bass response
- COLOR CHANGING LED LIGHTS: This 2-way audio system features LED lights that are built-in and could dance or flash. The lights come in 19 dynamic color changing modes, speed and color adjustments of red, blue and green, plus remote control
- 600 WATT POWER: The dual 8” speaker system kit is designed to provide outstanding performance in terms of output power, bandwidth extension and distortion with 600 watt max power. It has 4 Ohms impedance ensuring high quality sound
- WATERPROOF IP-44 HOUSING: These wakeboard subwoofer speakers are built to withstand even the harshest aquatic conditions. Durable and marine grade at IP-44 to keep boat speakers waterproof and UV resistant
- MOUNTING DESIGN: The marine speaker has a bullet style design and features a sleek silver finish that can be discreetly mounted anywhere you choose. Equipped with integrated mounting bracket that allows 360 degree rotation
What to Consider When Buying a Wakeboard Boat Tower Speaker
To make sure that your money is well invested, you’ll want to consider the following factors first:
- Size – As a good rule of thumb, look for boat tower speakers that are the same size as your boat’s factory speakers. This way, you won’t have any issues in terms of fit and compatibility. However, don’t be afraid to look for larger or smaller options as well. This is because you don’t always have to fit tower speakers over where your factory speakers were placed.
- Level of Water Resistance – The level of water-resistance of a particular pair of speakers is important. Don’t buy something just because it says it’s water-resistant. You also have to think about how water-resistant it is. This is because there’s a huge difference between resistance to light contact with water and being fully submerged under a couple of feet of water.
- Marine Rating – Obviously, the speakers have to be marine-rated. Otherwise, skip them. Being marine-rated guarantees that the speakers are capable of handling the rough seas and other similar environments.
- Power Handling – Power handling is usually indicated as either RMS or Peak and determines how much power the wakeboard speaker can handle at peak and in normal operations.
Don’t be fooled by a high Peak power handling. Instead, pay attention to the RMS as well.
If you have to choose between two wakeboard boat tower speakers, choose the model that has the highest RMS and Peak that’s within your price range.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to enjoy high-quality music while out in the open seas.
As proven in our list, you’ll find a diverse range of wakeboard boat tower speakers at various price ranges. This includes prices where you wouldn’t have expected to find high-quality audio products in the past.
With that said, do make sure that you choose wisely so you can get your money’s worth and start enjoying those long voyages in the open waters!