Pioneer is a leader in the manufacture of top-quality double din car stereos. And the Pioneer MVH 1400NEX offers nothing less. As a result, it not only enhances your listening experience but also doubles up as the perfect companion for all your random road trips.
Are you looking to update your outdated stereo with a more reliable modern option? The Pioneer MVH 1400NEX Double DIN Touch screen Receiver is a great pick.
It is a convenient digital receiver packed with all the necessary features of a modern car receiver. Want to know more?
- Touch screen display
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Customizable display
- Large screen
- Dedicated smartphone control apps
- Intuitive user interface
- 6.2-inch screen size
- Capacitive screen
- 800 x 400 resolution
- 5 display color options
- Adjustable brightness
- 1.5a USB port for smartphone use
- Supports 5 languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, French, Portuguese)
- Supports backup/ parking cameras
- 24-bit color panel
- CD-MC20 Bluetooth microphone
- Requires 1 CR123A batteries
- 800 x 400 resolution, clear-resistive touchscreen, 24-bit True color panel, display & color customization, dedicated Spotify app control A/V source control's content from iPhone & Android devices
- Multilanguage display (attention/SP/Fr/chi), hands-free calling & audio streaming, Dual phone connection, DVD/DVD-R/RW/did-video/MPEG-2/MPEG-1/MPEG-4/favorite/DivX/WMV video playback
- Cd/CD-R/RW/WMA/WAV/MP3/AAC/FLAC audio playback, 1.5A USB port, aux input, composite A/V input, backup-camera input, wired remote input, composite video output
- Mistral takes the music from iPhone/iPod, USB device or certain Android devices & plays it back with added transitions & effects to create a virtual DJ inside the PIONEER receiver
- Includes wiring harness, USB extension cable, Bluetooth microphone and manual
The Pioneer MVH 1400NEX Double din features a large 6.2-inch capacitive display. The advantage of having a large screen is that it provides a clearer and better viewing experience.
Are you looking for a large and affordable screen that does not cause strain to your eyes? Then, consider the Pioneer MVH 1400NEX today.
Also, you and I both agree that driving at night has a lot of challenges. Too much light inside the car causes poor road vision. It affects your overall driving experience. Luckily, the Pioneer MVH 1400NEX head unit has adjustable brightness.
The Pioneer MVH 1400NEX Double Din Touchscreen receiver fits perfectly in any car dash without affecting the aesthetic beauty of the car. It is a low-profile unit that blends in well regardless of the color of the car.
Also, it’s 100% touchscreen, so it doesn’t include any tactile buttons. Instead, it has 6 vertically aligned dedicated touch buttons.
You’ll also notice the pioneer logo placed at the bottom of the receiver. But, overall, the stereo is well made. There are no complaints.
Dedicated smartphone control Apps
For a safe driving experience, you need to have the least distraction possible. Thus, the ideal CarPlay option for your car should allow you to operate it easily, hands-free.
If you are an iPhone user, well, you are in luck. This receiver has the Apple CarPlay, which gives you smart access to your phone while driving. You can text, call, and use other apps on your phone. It also works well with Siri. And, Siri responds to all your commands promptly.
You can also connect your Android or iPhone phone to the unit through a USB cable to stream music or listen to music stored on your phone’s storage. The music will play regardless of its format. That’s not all. You can control these playlists on the head unit’s screen.
Other apps (from your phone) that you can access on your receiver’s screen include maps, contacts, and calendars. That’s not all: if your phone’s battery dies, you can charge it using the USB of your head unit.
The receiver has integrated Bluetooth for a wireless connection to your phone. It also comes with a microphone. Thus, you can answer or makes phone calls effortlessly (and wirelessly) even when driving.
On top of that, you can listen to music from Pandora Radio, Spotify, SiriusXM, Apple Music Radio, among many other functions.
What We Like
- Crisp display
- Easy installation
- Large 6.2” display
- Backup (car’s parking) camera ready
- Works exactly as advertised
- Siri function for hand-free operations
- Flawless performance with the Apple CarpPlay
- Fits inconspicuously in almost all cars
What We Did Not Like
- The backup camera doesn’t have built-in parking lines
- Doesn’t support multitouch
- No wireless connectivity
- The user interface could have been better
The above review clarifies that the Pioneer MVH 1400NEX Double Din has a lot to offer. From Bluetooth, large display, amazing sound quality, perfect design, reliable performance … and the list is endless. But, is the Pioneer receiver the best head unit for your car? Here’s the verdict.
If you search for a head unit to replace the CD player in your old car, the MVH 1400NEX is a great choice. It is has a capacitive screen which is way better than conventional resistive screens.
On top of that, it is compatible with a wide range of cars. Its UI is straightforward, and the screen is also big. The Pioneer MVH, 1400NEX Double Din Touchscreen receiver, works perfectly with Apple CarPlay and Siri. And, the integrated Bluetooth and a mic make access to your phone when driving effortless. You can make phone calls, text, and even listen to music or your favorite FM stations.
However, the perfect choice of receiver narrows down to your personal preference.
If you are looking for a stereo that is Android Auto capable, you may need to look for other options.
Otherwise, the Pioneer MVH 1400NEX is an awesome head unit that offers absolute value for its price tag.