Car drivers look for a new amp either because the current speaker system is not meeting their expectations or because they want an upgrade.
No matter what your reason is, but if you want the best 1000, 1200, or 1500 watt amp, you must choose one that is easy to install. Also, it should offer satisfactory performance and have an overheated and short circuit protection system.
Here are a few of our best 1000, 1200 & 1500 watt amps picks.
Best 1000 Watt Amps
#1 Best Overall 1000-Watt Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5
If you are looking for the best overall 1000-watt amp, the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5 should be your pick. This Punch series amp is a perfect choice because it has 5-channel and can easily supply power to 4 speakers and one subwoofer.
Talking about the design of the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5, it’s a little longer and a little heavier than other amps of the same brand. It is 15.1in long, 24in tall, 7.8in wide, and 15.3lb.
One impressive thing about this amp is that it has all the controls on the top, which is covered with an aluminum plate and input/output on the front. Additionally, the amp has low-level inputs, but it can easily handle high-level signals. Thus, there is no need to install an adapter.
When it comes to performance, the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5 is better than the Infinity REF-704A as it offers reliable performance with around 1300W power output.
- It has a sleek and elegant design.
- Speaker channel offers stable operation at 2Ω-4Ω.
- It is easy to install.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- The Punch P1000X5 is an ultra-efficient 5-channel amplifier (2.38” x 7.76” x 15.03”) capable of running your entire system without excessive drain on your charging system and rocking 1000 watts of RMS power
- Perfect for running a front/rear system and a dedicated subwoofer (RMS Power Output: 75 Watts x 4 + 150 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm OR 125 Watts x 4 + 300 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohm OR N/A + 500 Watts @ 1-Ohm)
- RCA inputs can accept both Hi and Low level audio signals without the need of a signal converter and tri-stage protection that covers thermal, over-current and short circuits
- Featuring Class A/B + Class BD (Sub) topology, on-board Punch EQ with +18dB boost @ 45Hz, variable 12 dB/Oct Butterworth crossovers, and C.L.E.A.N. Set-up
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
#2 Best Value for Money 1000-Watt Amp: Infinity REF-704A
The Infinity REF-704A is an excellent value for money 1000-watt amp. It has better actual power output. Also, it is compatible with advanced technologies like HALOSonic and ADAS.
When it comes to design, the Infinity REF-704A is better because its sleek design gives it an attractive look. Unfortunately, while this amp does not have actual high-level input, it supports high-level signals.
You can easily install the Infinity REF-704A as it is 7.3in wide, 2.2in tall, and 14.1in long. Additionally, it has low-pass and high-pass filters. It starts from 32Hz and goes up to 320Hz.
It can deliver up to 518W and has three working models, i.e., 4-channel, 3-channel, 2-channel. Moreover, it is stable and offers better performance.
Compared to the BOSS RIOT R110M Monoblock amp, the Infinity REF-704A is better as it’s compatible with HALOSonic and ADAS.
- Variable high-pass and low-pass filter.
- It comes with three working models.
- It is stable and offers reliable performance.
- Its actual power output is only up to 518W.
- Max Power1000W Peak
- Power Output, 2 100W RMS x 4, / Power Output, 4 70W RMS x 4
- Power Output, 4 Bridged 200W RMS x 2
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 85dB
#3 Best Cheapest 1000-Watt Amp: BOSS RIOT R110M Monoblock Amp
If you want the best audio experience without spending a lot of money, the BOSS RIOT R110M Monoblock amp should be your pick. It has one channel and is black. When installing this amp, you should call some Mobile Electronics Certified Professional.
Talking about the design, it is sleek and boxy. It also has a BOSS logo on the top. Additionally, this amp is 9.1in wide, 2.25in tall, and 10.4in long.
The BOSS RIOT R110M Monoblock amp also comes with overheat/short protection technology for better performance. That means the amp will automatically turn off if there is any technical issue or if it gets overheat.
Compared to the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5, the BOSS RIOT R110M Monoblock amp is better because it’s affordable and has a bass boost and subwoofer level controller.
- It has an overheat and short-circuit protection technology.
- It offers stable performance.
- It is compact and boxy.
- It is not stable at 1Ω.
- Power - 1100 Max x 1 @ 2 Ohms, 550 Max x 1 @ 4 Ohms
- Class A/B Topology - Class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through its output transistors with no audio signal. Class ‘B’ amplifiers have no current flowing through its outputs with no audio signal
- Mosfet Power Supply - A MOSFET is an electrical switch that allows the flow of electrical current. It controls the output voltage & current precisely by removing the output current sensing loss & eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry
- Low & High Level Inputs - A low level (RCA) input is measured in voltages. A high level (+/- wire) input is measured in wattages. Both essentially carry signal from your receiver to your amplifier to your speakers
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover - Subwoofers reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies. You can set exact sound specifications for the bass frequency reproduction
Best 1200-Watt Amps
#4 Best Overall 1200-Watt Amp: Rockford Fosgate R1200
Are you looking for an excellent 1200-watt amp that comes with mounted controls and offers better performance? If so, the Rockford Fosgate R1200 should be your pick.
It has a clean design that produces maximum power with a minimum strain on the vehicle’s electric system. Additionally, the Rockford Fosgate R1200 is CEA-2006 certified. Also, it is stable at 1Ω.
It is super slim and easy to install. It’s 1.97in tall, 11.1in long, and 6.8in wide. Unfortunately, while the amp has low-level RAC inputs, it doesn’t have high-level inputs. Thus, you will need a high-to-low adapter.
The maximum current drawn from this amp is 110A, and its maximum power output is around 1400W. It also has a 12dB/octave Butterworth crossover and four-gauge power/ground connectors.
In terms of performance, the Rockford Fosgate R1200 is better than the Kicker CX1200.1 because it has an optional bass-level remote.
- It is super slim and easy to install.
- It has an optional bass level remote.
- It offers stable performance.
- It is a little pricy and has no high-level input.
- The PRIME R1200-1D is an ultra-efficient mono amplifier (1.97" x 6.77" x 11.06") with top mounted controls and delivering 1,200 Watts RMS of power!
- Optimized exclusively for use with subwoofers (RMS Power Output: 400 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm OR 800 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohm OR 1200 Watts x 1 @ 1-Ohm). Average Current Draw (13.8V Music)- 55 A. Max. Current Draw (13.8V Sinewave)- 110 A
- High efficiency, Class D design produces maximum power with minimal strain on the vehicle's electrical system while delivering rich, full bass to any system
- Delivering more bass where you want it most with On-board Punch EQ with +18dB boost @ 45Hz and fine tune the output from the driver’s seat with the included Remote Bass Level Control
- Featuring RCA pass-thru outputs, 12dB/octave Butterworth crossover, infrasonic filter, 4 gauge power/ground connectors, real time output and power supply thermal sensing, and MOSFET power supply
#5 Best Value for Money 1200-Watt Amp: Kicker CX1200.1
If you want an excellent amp that offers better performance, the Kicker CX1200.1 should be your pick. This fantastic amp is designed to provide better sound quality and can be easily installed.
It has a power of 1200W at 2 Ohms and 600W at 4 Ohms. Additionally, it comes with a low-pass crossover. It is packed with oversized transistors, special transformers, and a heavy-duty heat sink.
The Kicker CX1200.1 is 7.1in wide, 12.2in long, and 2.4in tall. Also, it comes with low-level input that receives high-level signals. Its bass boost is centered at 40Hz and can go up to 12dB.
When it comes to heat management, the Kicker CX1200.1 is better than Rockford Fosgate R1200 as it can easily battle heavy heat.
- Great power and sound.
- Easy to install and slim in size.
- It can battle heavy heat very well.
- It is expensive.
- Get clear, powerful sounds in your vehicle with the Kicker 1200 W Mono Amplifier
- RMS Power:
- 600 Watt x 1 channel @ 4 Ohm
- 1200 Watt x 1 channel @ 2 Ohm
#6 Best Cheapest 1200-Watt Amp: Kicker CXA360.4
Do you want an affordable 1200-watt amp that offers better performance? If so, the Kicker CXA360.4 should be your pick. It comes with a four-channel amplifier. Also, it can put out 75 watts per channel. That means the sound is clear, and the volume is better.
Additionally, the Kicker CXA360.4 is CEA-2006 compliant and comes with variable high-pass filters of 200Hz and a 12-decibel octave. It is 2.38in tall, 12.44in long, and 7.19in wide. Moreover, it turns off and on quickly, which further eliminates system pops.
As compared to the Kicker CX1200.1, the Kicker CXA360.4 is better as it has remote bass with CXRC capability, which comes separately.
- It has a frequency response of 10-20k, +0/-1dB.
- It has remote bass with CXRC capability.
- Its maximum power output through 4 channels is 75 watts and through 2 channels is 150 watts.
- Its performance can be disappointing.
- 4-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER: 4-channel amplifier can put out 65 watts per channel to enhance your music and get a boost in volume and clarity; Hardware is included that allows you to easily mount vertically
- SMOOTH SOUND: Separate high and low pass filters on the front and rear channels help you sculpt the sound to get the most out of all your speakers
- LOW-END BASS PUNCH: Variable bass boosts can allow you to add some low-end punch; Amplifier is free from noise or interference so that you can tap into your speaker wiring without any worry
- QUICK TURN ON/OFF: Quick 3-second turn on/off delay eliminates system pops
- SPECIFICATION: 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms; 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms; Class: A/B Amplifier; Frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz; Variable bass boost: 0-6 dB at 40 Hz
Best 1500 Watt Amps
#7 Best Overall 1500-Watt Amp: New Orion XTR1500.1Dz
When it comes to the best overall 1500-watt amp, nothing can beat the New Orion XTR1500.1Dz as it is packed with impressive features. It is powerful and also CEA-certified. That means this amp can deliver 1500W for a long time.
One impressive thing about the New Orion XTR1500.1Dz is that it has a wired bass remote. It is 11.5in wide, 2.5in tall, and 9.3in wide. While it only has low-level RCA inputs, it can be daisy-chained with another amp.
The New Orion XTR1500.1Dz comes with a bass boost, which you can adjust by using a knob. The max power output this amp can deliver is around 6000w. Moreover, it comes with overheat protection, under0-voltage protection, and a short circuit protection system.
The New Orion XTR1500.1Dz is better than the BOSS Audio Riot R1600M as it offers a stable performance at 1Ω.
- It is compact and has low-level RCA inputs.
- It comes with a variable bass boost and bass remote.
- It stays stable at 1Ω.
- It doesn’t support high-level input.
- RMS Watts @ 4 Ohm Stereo 12. 6V: 600 Watts X 1 Channel / RMS Watts @ 2 Ohm Stereo 12. 6V: 975 Watts X 1 Channel / RMS Watts @ 1 Ohm Stereo 12. 6V: 1500 Watts X 1 Channel
- RMS Power Watts: 6000 Watts
- Frequency Response 20Hz~300KHz
- Signal Noise Ratio: 90dB
- Hi Pass Freq. 30Hz-250Hz / Low Pass Freq. 30Hz-250Hz
#8 Best Value for Money 1500-Watt Amp: Hifonics BRX1516.1D Brutus
Manufactured in China, the Hifonics BRX1516.1D Brutus is the best value for money 1500-watt amp for all the right reasons. First, it’s a class D mono amp that offers better performance at an excellent price.
It comes with a bass knob, user manual, and mounting screws. Additionally, it is 10in wide, 2.5in tall, and 12.5in long. Also, it has a low-pass crossover filter. Not to mention, it has an overheat, overload, and a short circuit protection system.
The Hifonics BRX1516.1D Brutus is better than the BOSS Audio Riot R1600M as it has RCA daisy-chain outputs.
- It stays stable at 1Ω.
- It is equipped with 3-way protection technology.
- It is compact and easy to install.
- Performance can be an issue.
- Ultra-fine mosfets circuit maximizing power efficiency while improving sound quality
- LED power (Green) and protect (Red) indicators
- Manufactured in China
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-250Hz
#9 Best Cheapest 1500-Watt Amp: BOSS Audio Riot R1600M
Do you want to get an excellent 1500-watt amp without spending a massive amount of money? If so, you should buy the BOSS Audio Riot R1600M. It has a 1-channel class-AB amp.
It can push the power up to 1600M. It comes with wired bass remote, user manual, and mounting screw. It looks clean, compact, and stylish. Also, it is 12.3in long, 10,4in wide, and 2.3in tall.
The best thing about the BOSS Audio Riot R1600M is that it supports low-level and high-level inputs. That means you don’t need any additional adapters to make the amp work. It also comes with an overheated and short circuit protection system.
Talking about the inputs, the BOSS Audio Riot R1600M is better than the Hifonics BRX1516.1D Brutus and the New Orion XTR1500.1Dz as it supports high-level input.
- It stays stable at 2Ω-8Ω.
- It comes with an overheat and short circuit protection system.
- It is compact.
- It is not stable at 1Ω and doesn’t have a subsonic filter.
- POWER: 1600 Watts Max x 1 @2-Ohms, 800 Watts Max x 1 @4-Ohms
- CLASS A/B TOPOLOGY: Class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through its output transistors with no audio signal. Class ‘B’ amplifiers have no current flowing through its outputs with no audio signal
- MOSFET POWER SUPPLY: A MOSFET is basically an electrical switch that allows the flow of electrical current. It controls the output voltage & current precisely by removing the output current sensing loss & eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry
- VARIABLE LOW-PASS CROSSOVER: Subwoofers reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies. You can set exact sound specifications for the bass frequency reproduction
- VARIABLE BASS BOOST: Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it
An excellent amp offers better sound quality and does not overheat in just a few hours. Also, an ideal amp should have the correct number of channels.
But choosing the best 1000, 1200, or 1500 watt amp is daunting because there are multiple options available in the market. You can, however, consider some of the features mentioned below to get your hands on the right amp.
Whether you want a 1000, 1200, or 1500 watt amp, power is an important feature that you cannot overlook.
If the speaker does not have sufficient power, it won’t offer the best sound quality. Similarly, if the speaker has more than the required power, it can damage the car’s speaker system.
So, you should thoroughly check the power to make sure you are only getting the best amp.
Before buying an amp, you must analyze your needs and then accordingly set a budget. When you do this, you know what you should expect from the amp. Also, this way, you don’t spend more than required.
While you are setting the budget, remember that not all expensive amps promise to deliver exceptional performance. Similar, not all low-priced amps are cheap in quality.
You should also check the frequency of 1000, 1200, or 1500 watt amp you want to purchase. An amp with a better frequency offers customizing options. That means you can either add or remove decibels from the bass boost.
Besides frequency, you should also check the sound quality of the amp.
You should pick an amp depending on the space available in your vehicle. That’s because if you buy a big amp and have a small car, it won’t fit properly. And if you pick a small amp for a big car, you won’t experience better sound quality.
You can find thousands of amps in the market. Some of those are good, some are terrible, while some are average. But you can use the features mentioned above to pick the best amp out of the rest.
Also, remember that if an amp is too good to be true, you should drop the idea of purchasing it. That’s because sometimes manufacturers make false claims to lure buyers.
Moreover, if you want to simplify the process of searching for the suitable 1000, 1200, or 1500 watt amp, you can select from the available options suggested above.