Sometimes you might notice that even after you’ve upgraded your speakers,you’re not 100% happy about the sound quality they produce. You might also notice that they even distort at high volume levels. If that’s the case with your vehicle, and if you are willing to shell out some serious dough, a car amplifier can have a ton of benefits!
Adding an external car stereo amplifier can significantly improve the experience of listening to music or other audio in your car. Understanding the benefits that an amplifier can bring will play a major role in determining whether it’s something to consider.
So, I wanted to share a bit of knowledge with you guys today. I wanted to shed some light on the top amplifier brands ,so you have a good starting point when you go out to buy one.
Benefits of using a car amp
- Better Quality of Sound & Volume : Besides deteriorated speakers , under-powered speakers is the main issue that causes flat boring sound in so many vehicles.This usually happens because your headunit’s built-in amplifier is not capable of powering your speakers efficiently.
Adding an external amplifier to your car’s stereo system will help you kill two birds with one stone.Your speakers will receive enough power which will result in high volume levels (elimination of distortion) and high quality sound which is what we all want.You may be saying “Oh , My factory stereo puts out 200W , and that’s more than enough to power my speakers”. There’s a huge difference between 80 watts RMS that came out from an external amplifier and 80 watts delivered by your car stereo.Bear in mind that a separate amplifier will provide more clean power than any car stereo ,and it will make a night-and-day difference in terms of sound quality and volume.
- More Flexibility : If you’ve decided to equip your car with a separate amplifier,we highly recommend going for a multi-channel amplifier.This will give you greater flexibility if you decide to upgrade or add extras components to your sound system later on.
Being able to bridge an amplifier is another great advantage of using multi-channel amps.This usually consists of cutting out the number of channels an amp uses in half in order to double the power sent to each speaker. Subwoofers are often driven this way.
- More Economical : Sometimes,installing an external car amplifier is all you need to breathe a new life into your sound system.Some vehicles with older sound systems might not be equipped with the latest features that a more modern stereo has.Where this is the case, installing a separate amplifier with various features such as equalizers and signal processing is enough to rectify this problem and revitalize your stereo.
Disclaimer on Our Best Car Amplifier Brands
This is not by any means a comprehensive list. There’ are tons and tons of great amps out there. If you’d like more information, you can check out the lists on car audio manufacturers and brands and amplifiers top brands, both of which are excellent resources.
However, we did want to give you a few good options for the best car amplifier brands out there. These brands come different types , features and price ranges. With any luck, you’ll find something that works for your car, needs and experience level.
If we missed one of the best car amplifier brands you love, let us know in the comments!
Here are a few of the best car amplifiers…
The Stylish : Pioneer Car Amplifiers
You can usually recognize a Pioneer car amplifier at 20 feet. They have a very unique style.And that’s what we like most about them.They’re sharp,powerful amplifiers that aren’t afraid to push the envelope.
- Price.Pioneer amplifiers come at lots of different price points.The amplifiers linked to above are about $120, which is very reasonable for anyone looking for a reliable solid amplifier that doesn’t break that bank.However , you can also find plenty of Pioneer amplifiers at lower price point – from $60 up into the $100 range . Which is usually the case with 2-channel and mono amps.
- Performance. This amplifier provides excellent performance for the money.Whether you’re looking to boost, or revitalize your sound system , you can count on Pioneer’s GM series amps to make this come true.Pioneer’s amplifiers deliver clean power. Power that will breathe a new life into your speakers or subwoofer , sharpen your highs , bump up the bass and make your listening experience something you’ll look forward to every time you hit the road.
- Special features. Pioneer GM-6500F is a 4-channel amp that is well-suited to punch up your front and rear speakers, with 60 watts RMS per channel.Or you can bridge the output power of this amp, making it better suited to power 2 subwoofers with 180 watts each.
Pioneer GM-6500Fcomes with adjustable high and low pass filter , as well as speaker-level inputs that will allow you to easily connect this amp to a factory stereo.
The Affordable : Pyle Car Amplifier
Pyle is a company known for their long tradition of making affordable audio components and their car amplifier is no exception.However, Pyle occasionally has a reputation for hit-or-miss quality. So how do their car amps measure up ?
- Price. Pyle amps are very affordable, which is why they made it onto our list of the best car amplifier brands. Pyle amps are a good choice if you’re in a budget.And with most of their amps under $60, you can get a really decent amp for a reasonable price.Moreover We’ve noticed that their car amps are of a much more consistently good quality than their car speakers.
- Performance. Pyle PLMRA400 is 4-channel amplifier. It’s one of the most cheapest amp on the market.It’s configured to handle approximately 30 Watts RMS power per channel.If high levels of power is what you’re looking for , then we highly recommend staying away from this amp.However, if you are just looking to give your factory speakers proper juice, then this would be the way to go.
- Features. One of the most remarkable aspects of the Pyle PLMRA400 is its tiny size that makes it very versatile. On the other hand and because this amp is waterproof , it can be installed in both cars and boats.
The Luxuriously Expensive : Kenwood Car Amplifier
Ok, now we’re just having fun.This is one of the most robust,crazy,luxurious amplifiers on the market.And,assuming you’ve got the cash to throw around, it’s one of the highest quality car amplifiers you can buy.
- Price.Obviously , these amplifiers are expensive. If you want to go balls-to-the-wall and get one of these works of art,you’ll be looking at a $150-$250 price tag.However,you’ll be getting a piece of fine craftsmanship that will certainly last for many years to come.
- Performance. Almost nothing beats a Kenwood KAC amp. These amps boasts a healthy concentration of features and performance.They can put out enough power to take care of your entire audio system’s power requirements.Kenwood amps like Kenwood KAC-7005PS can be bridged into 3-channel mode, and deliver 100 RMS to each of your front speakers while using the rest 500 watts for powering a subwoofer which will significantly improve your bass.