Finding a good car subwoofer can be really tough, especially if you’re not an expert in car audio industry.If you’ve been seeking big bass,like I have, you probably started with one of those cheapest , mass-produced full-range speakers numbers and moved to subwoofer after you realized just the difference that these pieces of equipment can make in terms of sound quality and low frequencies reproduction.For many audio enthusiasts, a powerful subwoofer is the natural next step in the journey of seeking big bass.
So, I wanted to share a bit of knowledge with you guys today. I wanted to talk about some forerunner subwoofer brands, so you have a good starting point when you go out to purchase one.
Disclaimer on Our Top Car Subwoofer Brands
This is not by any means a comprehensive list. There are tons and tons of great subwoofers out there. If you’d like more information, you can check out our comparison chart which contains a list of what’s deemed to be the best car subwoofers available .
However, we did want to give you a few good options. These brands represent different price points, types and performance. With any luck, you’ll find something that fits your vehicle,meets your needs and experience level.
If we missed a car subwoofer brand you love, let us know in the comments!
You can usually recognize a Infinity car subwoofer at 20 feet.They’re well designed and they have a very unique style .And that’s what we love most about them.Even the smallest Infinity subwoofers are still capable of pumping out deep, clean bass.Don’t let the size fool you.Infinity’s product quality and excellence stem from their expertise and passion for music,which has led them to be one of the most authoritative brands in this industry.Whether you listen to jazz, hip-hop, blues, country or anything else, these subs will shine through with every note.
- Price. Infinity subs come at lots of different price points. The sub linked to above is about $60, which is very reasonable for anyone looking for a solid car subwoofer that doesn’t break that bank. However, you can also find many Infinity subs at higher price points – from $100 up into the $200 range.
- Bass. This subwoofer provides an excellent bass for the money.It is built with high quality materials, the large-roll rubber surround for example absorbs distortions ensuring clean bass response.A High-gloss , lightweight polypropylene woofer on the other hand assures maximum efficiency. As a result, the sub produces high output even with the modest amplifier power output.And since you want your investment to last,Infinity went the extra step and integrated a built-in internal cooling system to protect the sub’s inner workings and keep it performing at its peak.
- Special features.This is one of the few car subwoofers that can be ordered not only in 12″ inch , but in 10″ and even 8″ inch when you’re tight on space.If you’re starting from the ground up in designing and building your custom sound system,don’t skip on this woofer.
Pioneer is one of our most-reviewed car audio manufacturer brands.They’re a company known for their long tradition of making affordable audio equipments and their component subwoofers are no exception.So how do their subwoofers measure up?
- Price. Pioneer car subwoofers are very affordable, which is why they made this list, since we’re assuming most people reading it are beginners.And with most of their subwoofers under $100, you can get a really decent subwoofer that will breathe a new life into your audio system without breaking your bank account.
- Bass. The bass was surprisingly good.It’s the result of an extremely low-frequency coverage and a remarkable peak power rating.Pioneer’s car subwoofers are well known for their very low frequency reproduction, one of the lowest we reviewed, in fact.
The most impressive part of this component subwoofer is its 1300-watt dynamic peak power rating.While it’s not recommended to push quite to this level,it’s obvious that this sub can handle a great deal of power.One of the most subtle, but most useful features was that the sub’s efficiency is high,which greatly increases converting power into sound (decibels).
To sum it up , this is a subwoofer truly devoted to bass.
- Style/Size. This is a fairly cool looking subwoofer that has been upgraded with a new look, stronger performance, and an increase in power handling.It can be ordered in two sizes 12″ inch and 10″ inch . Both of them are suitable for both free-air and enclosed use.
Kenwood is a brand that we have discussed alot on our site.They were established in 1946, and they have been making quality audio products ever since.They specialise in everything from speakers and subwoofers to amplifiers and headunits.Their products are of high quality,and they’re reasonably priced, and that’s what we love most about them.
- Price. Kenwood subwoofers are very affordable.The sub linked to above is about $60.A pair of 2 can be bought at $120.Don’t let the price fool you,these subs are well-made and you won’t be disappointed if you have them as your sound system’s bass provider.
- Bass. Kenwood has been operating in audio equipments industry for decades.And their products quality reflects their experience level.We’ve found that their car subwoofers are of a much more consistently good quality than their car speakers.
Kenwood KFC-W3013PS sub is built with high quality materials and fine craftsmanship.Its cone for example is built with heavy-duty polypropylene reinforced with a tough rubber surround for long lasting and durabilily.And it can handle up to 400 watts RMS, so you can rock out with plenty of big bass.
We were impressed with the sound quality of the Kenwood component subwoofer, given our moderate disappointment in its sensitivity rating.Other than that the sound is clean and clear, and the bass hits are crisp and accurate.
MTX Audio is one of the best car subwoofer brands , their products are built with high quality materials and they’re manufactured to meet the highest standards in the industry,justifying their relatively high cost.
MTX TNE212D is one of the largest subwoofers unit out there,it combines two large subwoofer(12 inch),which makes it an ideal solution for people seeking huge bass.If you’re considering buying this large sub,make sure you have enough space to accommodate it.
- Price. MTX subwoofers are the most expensive,crazy, luxurious subwoofers on the market.And assuming you’ve got the cash to throw around, it’s one of the highest quality subwoofers you can buy.If you want to go balls to the wall and actually purchase one of these pieces of art, you’ll be looking at a $150-$200 price tag.However, you’ll be getting a fine piece of craftsmanship that will last for many years to come. Please note, though, that the price listed here does not include a subwoofer.
- Bass. MTX TNE212D is a unit that consists of a dual 12″ subwoofers. The Terminator subwoofers used in the enclosure are built with high quality materials that won’t fall apart under stress from heat, moisture, or time.These materials will survive the rigors of most trunks.
Each subwoofer can handle up to 200 watts RMS power, resulting in a power level of 400 watts RMS for the entire enclosure, which is more than enough power to satisfy anyone looking for big bass.For maximum results,MTX audio went the extra step and built in a mechanical cooling process called “Spider Plateau Venting”. This process allows the subwoofer to continuously refresh the airflow around the voice coil which helps cooling and dissipate the heat generated during extended play.
This unit can be ordered in two configurations,with or without an amplifier,the unit linked above doesn’t come with an external amplifier.MTX Audio TNP212D2 is the other version with the same specs and features,but it includes an external amplifier.